Chico FFA Chapter

Marki Owen

State FFA Scholarship Finalist

State FFA Convention Attendees

These Members will be traveling to the State FFA Convention in Ontario! Congratulations!

Marie Huitt

Agriscience Fair Finalist

Animal Systems - "Where Are All My Queens? The effects of Royal Jelly on Grafting Queens." - Marie is one of 4 students chosen in her division for the entire state! 

Marki Owen

State Sub Committee Chair - Courtesy Corp

California FFA State Convention 2023

Piper Owen

State Talent

California FFA State Convention 2023

Congratulations Marie!

Marie Huitt (11) is a top 3 finalist in the state of California in Specialty animal production for her work with her bee SAE project! She will be representing Chico High and Chico FFA at the State FFA Convention in Ontario in 2 weeks! 

What is FFA?

The National FFA Organization was founded in 1928 and is an American youth organization. It is a career and technical (CTE) student organization based on high school classes which promote and support agriculture education. 

It is an integral part of agriculture education, helping make classroom instruction come to life through realistic, hands-on applications. 

The FFA is an organization which operates on the local, state, and national level. Today, FFA membership consists of 735,038 student members who belong to one of  8,817 local chapters throughout the US, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. 

Eligibility for Members

FFA membership is limited to students who are enrolled in Agriculture Education courses and certain graduates. Since FFA is an Intra-curricular activity (not extra-curricular) it is considered part of a class. An Agricultural class is structured as a 3 ring model, where the class involves Instruction, your Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE), and FFA. 

      Within the Chico FFA chapter, FFA participation is worth 10%, and Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) participation is worth 5% of students' final grades, totaling to 15%. In order to achieve the 10% FFA Credit, members must attend at least 3 approved FFA events per semester. 

Chico FFA's Social Media Outlets & Communication

Chico FFA Google Classroom,  Must request code from instructor

Mixbook: Online Annual Scrapbook

For more specified information on events, please speak to a Ag Leadship student, An FFA Officer, or the Advsiors. Also stay tuned on our social media for upcoming events and details!

Event Calendar also on pages 10-12 in the POA